Monday, December 29, 2008

Good Bye Pump

I stopped using the pump this evening. I was supposed to take it out tomorrow, but just could not justify sticking myself again tonight just to take it back out in the morning. The nurse said that she was fine with my decision and could completely understand, she did not think 12 hours was going to make a huge difference. I am really praying that I will be OK without it and without having to take any other meds. I am both excited yet nervous for tomorrow to come to see how everything goes! I am holding onto it for a few days just in case before I send it back. It was so nice to be able to button my coat all the way to the bottom without the pump being in the way. I am also really looking forward to sleeping tonight without having to worry about rolling over on the tubing or forgetting to grab the pump before I get out of bed to head to the bathroom.

Tonight we went to visit our great friends Brian and Jenni who just had their second baby. Shay is very handsome and it felt so nice to hold a newborn baby! Mason did not like it when he cried, but he better get accustomed to it :)
Congratulations Brian and Jen, we love you guys!!

2 comments:

  1. I hope all goes well!!! We love you!!
    Robert and Jess

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love you guys too! Thanks again for coming up to visit and meet Shay! Mason is going to be such a good big brother! Yay for no pump! We'll be praying that the good news continues!
    jenni

    ReplyDelete