Friday, December 5, 2008

HOORAY


Well, here it is...and with a new medication that I am not allergic to HOORAY!
The pump is called an infusion pump that constantly is administering medication into my system. I have to change the syringe every 12 hours and the needle/tubing which goes into my leg every 2 days.
I have to report into a nurse at least once a day over the phone. She monitors my weight, ketones, nausea levels and food intake daily.
Please pray that this will help to alleviate some if not all of the dizziness and nausea so that I can get back to a somewhat "normal" life very soon.
My next appointment is on Tuesday with my midwife who will check the pump and make sure all is well.

2 comments:

  1. Wow...that sound very technical! I am praying it works!! Do you sleep with it attached?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, and shower which could also be interesting! It has to stay attached to me all the time, it is my new best friend!
    I am really praying it works too! Something has to!

    ReplyDelete