Wednesday, December 3, 2008

A Glimmer of Hope....maybe?

I spoke with Mary (the midwife that I saw throughout my pregnancy with Mason) on the phone last night and again this morning. I am going to be switching my prenatal care over to her instead of the physician. I discussed all of the issues I have been having and she gave me some really good tips and information.
One thing that we are looking into is working with Matria Healthcare to possibly get a pump (similar to an insulin pump diabetics use) put into my thigh that would constantly administer a consistent level of medication into my system. This would help to hopefully eliminate the nausea, gain weight and hopefully get me to a point where I could return to my normal daily activities!! They have reported results of the program to have a:
  • 78 percent increase in weight gain or stabilization
  • 89 percent reduction in nausea and vomiting symptoms
  • Decrease in the number of people admitted to the hospital before Matria’s NVP program from 65.4 percent to 3.3 percent

I should be hearing back soon to see if this is something my insurance would cover, otherwise I will not be able to get it as it is $300-$400 per day!

No comments:

Post a Comment