Tuesday, December 9, 2008

OB Update

I saw Mary this afternoon. She is so nice! She walked right in and immediately gave me a hug. She was so excited that I got the pump and that it has been going well (other than last night). I told her the bad news about the insurance company now saying that they are not covering it. She was frustrated, but yet optimistic telling me that there other options if the pump does have to go back and hopefully I am close to the turning point anyhow where I wont need any meds.
I gained a pound and the baby's heart rate sounded great, so that is good news! I had trace amounts of ketones, so that is not so good.
She is keeping me on bedrest and wants to see me again in 4 weeks. However, she did say that using good judgement I can get up and moving once I start feeling better and I can take myself off bedrest without her permission. She gave me her pager number, cell phone, and emergency after hours number just in case I need to talk to her for any reason.
I also got my referral to get my 18 week Ultrasound the week of Christmas!
Prayer requests:
-that I can keep the pump
-that I start gaining more weight
-that the dizziness goes away
-that I would be off bedrest soon
and of course that the baby would continue to grow and stay healthy!
Thank you!!!

1 comment:

  1. yay!!! glad she is working out for you!! i will try to remember to pray specifically for you!

    ReplyDelete