Sunday, December 7, 2008

Thankful

Thanks for all of your prayers, Mason woke up feeling fine this morning. Must have just been a 24 hour virus. He had no symptoms other than the fever.
Last night I went to my sister's house for our annual family Christmas party. It was SO nice to be out of the house and get to chat with everyone. I also was feeling well enough to eat 2 plates of food!! It felt so nice.
Everything is going well with the pump so far! I was able to call in when I had to change my syringe of medication and they were able guide me through giving myself a bolus (an immediate extra dose) to help eliminate the nausea I felt after eating. I am a little less dizzy which is awesome and have already gained some weight! I also have to check for ketones every morning and for the last 2 days it has been negative. Praise God! Where was this thing 5 weeks ago?

2 comments:

  1. So happy for you Shannon!! i hope this helps you feel so much better!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so nice to hear happy things now!!Little steps like this every day will have you back on your feet in no time!! Love Jess

    ReplyDelete