Monday, December 22, 2008

BIG Day



Friday was a big day for us! Andy was supposed to drop Mason off at his parents house for the day but due to the huge snow storm we had, he thought it would take him forever to drive him there and then get to work. So, I kept Mason for the first time by myself in 8 weeks! It was great for both of us. Thankfully, he was on his best behavior. It was kinda challenging but great to be able to get up and around and do things...and it helped knowing I did not have a choice, I had to!
That afternoon we headed to Aunt Stacy's to see Santa. Mason kept saying that Santa is a "nice man" the whole way there (OK I was kinda brainwashing him). He was not scared at all to see him. He sat and listened to the story, marched right up to sit on his lap and was so excited when he got a present! From that moment on, they were best friends and Mason just wanted to play and talk to him.
It was also a big day for me too! I started the weaning process on the pump. They lowered the dose of meds and so far I have been feeling pretty good, a little more nauseous but I am trying to cope with it. I really don't want to be on this for much longer! I have been able to eat pretty well and am working up my energy again. It has been so nice to be out of the house more.
Tonight I have plans to go get hot chocolate with my neighbor Carrie. I am really looking forward to it!
Tomorrow is the ultrasound! I am praying that the Previa has corrected itself, but usually around 18-20 weeks is when it is first detected, so I wont be too surprised if it hasn't.

1 comment:

  1. We are so excited to hear if Mason is getting a little brother or sister!! And don't stress about the previa...it might not be corrected yet but more than likely it will!! Praying for you all!!
    Love ya ~
    jen

    ReplyDelete