Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Sneak Peek

Today I headed to Care Net in Berkley to get an ultrasound, my 4th ultrasound this pregnancy. When I heard that they needed pregnant volunteers to come in to get an ultrasound, I was definitely willing and of course very excited to have another look at our little girl. Care Net's hope and prayer in getting this new equipment is to help change the minds of women who are in a situation of an unplanned pregnancy and are considering abortion. This new machine will hopefully give the mothers a meaningful glimpse of human life so that they can see the realness of their unborn baby inside of them. Their prayer is that once the mom can see the baby that she may not even be able to feel yet inside of her she will reconsider her decision and choose life!
My ultrasound today was different from my other ultrasounds in that there was an "instructor" and then 2 other ladies who were learning from her and becoming familiar with everything. I felt like I too was also learning at the same time. In my other ultrasounds, they would just zip through so fast and tell you that everything looks good, but I felt like I didn't really get a good, SLOW glimpse of everything until today.
It was also fun to see an ultrasound of our baby at 27 weeks instead of 17 weeks. What a difference! We could see her opening and closing her eyes, smiling and could even tell that she has chubby cheeks already :) Pretty amazing for being only about 1 1/2 to 2 pounds at this point.
Getting the ultrasound today makes me that much more excited to have her here!

2 comments:

  1. I'm tearing up just thinking about how awesome it is to watch your baby inside of you... I LOVED those times!

    What an awesome ministry for Care Net to offer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for coming in - we are so thankful that you were willing to drive out to us and help us out. I am glad you enjoyed it and that you got to see Kailee again! Can't wait to meet her :)

    ReplyDelete