Wednesday, March 11, 2009

March 30th

I scheduled my surgery today for March 30th. I will have to get to Henry Ford at 7:30am and the nurse said it could be an "all day event". Apparently they remove the skin layer by layer, but with each layer that is taken off, it goes to the lab and they freeze it (which takes 2 hours per layer) and then check to see if the cancer is still present, if it is then they come back and take another layer-if not then they stitch me up and I get to go. I requested to have both spots done at the same time, but they said they usually only schedule one at a time. I would love to get both out of the way ASAP.
Thankfully the surgeon who is doing it is also a plastic surgeon so hopefully both spots will look OK once they are all healed up.

1 comment:

  1. Wow Shan. We will be praying!! I'm glad you are able to get it done before little Kailee comes!

    ReplyDelete