Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Dreaded Call

I got a much dreaded call from my Dermatologist this morning telling me that the two spots that were removed a couple weeks ago are indeed both Basal Cell Carcinoma. I had a feeling that they would come back abnormal, they always seemed irritated. The good news is that once I go back in for more treatment they should be fine. These do not spread nor do they grow deep into the skin to affect the lymph nodes. There is a good chance that I will have more spots in my lifetime however. I have had way too many sunburns.
The bad news is that I need to have further treatment to remove more skin around both areas (my neck and back) as soon as possible, but they are not sure if I should do it now because I am pregnant. I have a call into my OB to see what they recommend.

No comments:

Post a Comment