Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Bravery

Every year Andy, Mason and I go to Florida for 2 weeks in late April-early May. This year due to my pregnancy we are unfortunately not able to make it (all for good reason, but still sad we are not going). We always have such a great time. My sister and her family are usually down there at the same time and my parents are too most years. It is an annual vacation that my parents started with us when we were kids and now we have carried this on with our child(ren). Andy gives me a hard time because we always go to the same spot.
SO, I went online searching for vacation spots (other than Florida) and booked a one week getaway to Myrtle Beach in August. Yes, it will probably be very hot there in August...but I wanted to go while I am still off work for my Maternity leave. I don't think it would look too good if I went back and then a month or two later asked for the time off. The resort we are staying at has an indoor/outdoor water park and an indoor/outdoor pool, so if it is scorching we can always stay in the air conditioner and still have fun!
We are going to be driving (since we will have to pack the whole house)-it should take us 14 hours, so that will be very interesting! We will be packing our ear plugs to wear in the car! Our current plan of attack is to drive through the night to make it easier on Mason (or us depending on how you look at it).
So, this is going to be our 5 year anniversary trip, and birthday presents from each other (or at least that is how I am justifying it)!

1 comment: