Monday, September 21, 2009

A Bitter-Sweet Pediatric Visit

I took Kailee to her 4 month check up today. She now weighs 13lb 8oz and is 24 3/4 in long. She is growing like a very cute weed!! She also had to get 3 shots so my poor baby girl has been crabby the rest of the day :(

While we were there, I asked our pediatrician about Mason and the whole potty training situation. While he usually does pretty good with the pee situation, he had A LOT of accidents last week and did not even care. Also after 4 months of potty training he will only go into the bathroom when he is sent, he has yet to tell me he has to go. So, her suggestion was to give up for a week or two and do NOTHING! After talking with Andy and a couple girlfriends I decided to give it a shot since Mason is moving in the wrong direction anyhow. So for the rest of the day today I did not send him into the bathroom to go and sure enough he did not go himself :( needless to say his pull-up was SOAKED by the time we changed him and he did not care! NOT GOOD! So I am completely frustrated and obviously hoping and praying that this 1-2 weeks of a potty training hiatus will do the trick. He is technically supposed to be trained to go to school, but the secretary said as long as he is in a pull-up and doesn't have a major accident it should be fine.

I love Mason dearly and I keep reminding myself that his strong-willed personality will be great one day, but for now it is giving me a huge headache!!

No comments:

Post a Comment