Monday, May 18, 2009

Happy Birthday Kailee Grace!!!!

She's here!!!! She graced us with her presence 2 weeks early!
Welcome Kailee Grace Brown to the world!! She was born Sunday, May 17th at 6:32pm weighing in at 7 pounds 9 ounces and 20.5 inches long!
We had a MUCH better experience than last time :) My water broke at 4:30pm after having contractions on and off for 3 days. Thankfully I was only dilated to a 4 when I got to the hospital so I was able to receive the epidural this time (it is my new favorite thing!). About 5 minutes after getting the epidural, I fully dilated and starting pushing. I only had to push through 5 contractions and then she was here! So all in all, I was only in labor for 2 hours and 2 minutes! Good thing Novi Providence is so close and that Andy is a fast driver!!
We are so thankful for all of your prayers, phone calls, meals, help and friendship! We are so blessed that she is nice and healthy~now we just need to work on Mason's transition of our family of 4.

2 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS!! she is a DOLL!

    i can't wait to hold her again! you might be seeing a lot of me this summer! :)

    love you guys....all 4 of you!!!

    jenni
    (sorry i'm posting as anonymous...i can't figure out how to do the google acct...i know you can appreciate my technical skills shan.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this picture Shannon. Is that a yawn? I want to pinch those cheeks! Let me know when it is a good time to come by to meet her. I also would like to bring a meal, so let me know your meal schedule. Sorry, it probably won't be homemade. There isn't much of that here now that Luke is here, unless John cooks.

    Love, Carrie(your neighbor)

    ReplyDelete