Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving!

Everything was so different this year. To me, it did not even feel like it was Thanksgiving! Usually Andy heads off early in the morning to participate in the Turkey Bowl then Mason and I meet him at my in-laws for a breakfast followed by going to either my parents or staying there for a great dinner. This year, Andy did not go to Turkey Bowl. His sister and her husband are here from Germany-we usually don't get to see them until Christmas, so that feels different too. Everyone came here for a wonderful breakfast that his mom and dad made and then I was off to my parents house for lunch and dinner while Andy and Mason went to Andy's aunts house for Thanksgiving dinner. It felt so weird to celebrate separate from them. I did not even get any pictures :(
It also feels weird to not be out and about shopping today. Next year will be back to normal! I know it is all worth it! I have so much to be thankful for!
I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

  1. Way to keep up the blogging!!!
    Isn't it funny how hard it is to break a tradition. It sure makes one thankful for what is normally taken for granted.

    Next year you will have to heap on the celebrating to make up for this year... especially the eating and shopping parts!!!

    ReplyDelete