Sunday, November 22, 2009




BLESSED


Tonight Andy and I headed downtown to volunteer with some members of our small group (thanks Caleb, Theresa, Becky & Matt) at the Detroit Rescue Mission. We got there at 4:30pm and helped do a little bit of dinner-prep work. Our duties were then to serve the meal, fill water cups, pass out pie, bread, plastic wear and napkins. Most importantly I think just being there to smile at them and let them know that they are worth our time was the most rewarding job! It was so heart-breaking to see how many residents are there due to their lives falling apart and loosing everything they have whether it be due to the economy or poor decision making; either way still so sad. I came home feeling very blessed! I can't even imagine losing everything. We are SO thankful to have jobs, a home, basic necessities, family and friends who are there to love and support us, and especially thankful for the money we paid the babysitter for the evening!!
I hope we can continue to pour into the lives of people who need it! With Thanksgiving coming this week it has been great to reflect on what I truly am thankful for!

No comments:

Post a Comment